Project Portfolio Managment, Collaboration and Work Management are the domains we live in. If you have needs in this space, we are ready to help you.
Our software products and solutions were built to help simplify the way you work!
Our value added support services can help you with your day-to-day issues as well as solve your most challenging problems!
Project Management Software
Microsoft Project Experts, Project Management Software, Business Intelligence
- Microsoft Project Experts
- Work Management Solutions Consultants
- Project Portfolio Management Professionals
- End-to-End SharePoint Consultants
- Providers of Enhanced Support Services
- Project Management Software Products
- Idea Management and Business Intelligence Software
Managing Resources without Losing Your Mind
By Rose Blackburn
In our consulting practice, we see many organizations with tons of project work to do and a great deal of frustration that the work takes longer to get started and completed than initially predicted. The immediate explanations usually sound something like:
- the resources weren’t available when they were supposed to be or
- the resources assigned didn’t have the skills or
- there aren’t enough resources to get the work done or
- … (you get the picture).
While each of these explanations may be true, it doesn’t help very much. The level of churn will continue and the loss of productivity can become destructive and demoralizing until the problem is solved. This isn’t because people aren’t trying to solve the problem, it’s just a hard problem to solve and the solution isn’t always obvious. Without a clear image of the work ahead (project and operational work), a true understanding of resource availability (resources with the right skill sets), and clear priorities, it’s difficult to solve.