While there are many Project Portfolio Management software (PPM) options, we find that many of our customers choose Microsoft because it offers them the most choices, the shortest learning curve, and the most flexibility. It is built on the SharePoint platform and provides PMO oversight from initial proposal and prioritization of project work to project execution.
Project Online or Project Server offers all of this capability with the familiar look and feel of Microsoft technology. Gartner’s Magic Quadrant places Project Server firmly in the leaders’ quadrant as well as receiving the highest rating among all PPM vendors for its overall value.
Key New Features:
- Cloud option from Microsoft under the Office 365 umbrella
- Hosted option provides robust reporting, customization options, flexibility and more
- Standard on-premise setup as a SharePoint application
- Extensibility to “non-traditional” project managers and their teams via Project Web Access (PWA)
- Windows 8 look and feel for PWA
- Many of the functions that used to require access to the desktop client can now be handled from PWA
PPM Implementation Services
QuantumPM has been a Gold Partner in the PPM space for many years and has been working with Microsoft since the first release of Project Server in 2002. We’ve successfully helped hundreds of customers configure this product and have maintained these relationships through successive releases of the software.
Using repeatable processes – simple workflows, common tools, standard approval cycles – makes an organization more efficient and less mistake-prone. It means that anyone in the organization knows what to do and when to do it. Heroics are no longer required to get things done.
Project Server Configuration Deliverables:
- Security model that provides the right level of access for each role in your team
- Workflows, templates, and reports using out-of-the-box or custom capabilities
- Recommended business best practices
- Role-based workshops to ensure easy adoption by the users
- Generation of a configuration settings report
QPM’s setup services range from a simple implementation to a highly integrated and customized user experience. It all depends on what you need, and that’s where we start.
A typical implementation of Project Server follows these steps:
- Pre-implementation/migration assessment and recommendations
- Technical architecture review
- Installation and validation of software
- Implementation and configuration that matches your business terminology, structure, and processes
- Pilot deployment for a small set of users to validate the configuration
- Training for administrators, project managers, team members, and executives
- Rollout of the solution to the complete user base
If you’re considering migrating your current Project Portfolio Management platform or are planning to start fresh with Project Server 2013, let us show you how this powerful solution can work for you!