While there are many Project Portfolio Management (PPM) software options, we find that many of our customers choose Microsoft because it offers them the most choices, the shortest learning curve, and the most flexibility. Project Server is built on the SharePoint platform and provides PMO Oversight from initial proposal and prioritization of project work to project execution.
Project Server offers all of this capability with the familiar look and feel of Microsoft technology. Gartner’s Magic Quadrant places Project Server firmly in the leaders’ quadrant as well as receiving the highest rating among all PPM vendors for its overall value. Gartner has also given the PPM solution its highest possible score (strong positive) in its latest MarketScope report.
Features of the 2010 release:
- Built on the SharePoint platform with 64-bit architecture to improve performance and capacity
- Included Portfolio Management as a robust capability for governance, portfolio analysis, and optimization
- Hundreds of other improvements to project, program, and portfolio capabilities from workflow to enhanced web capabilities
- Cloud option from Microsoft under the Office 365 umbrella
- Standard on-premise setup as a SharePoint application
- Extensibility to “non-traditional” project managers and their teams via Project Web Access (PWA)
- Windows 8 look and feel for PWA
- Many of the functions that used to require access to the desktop client can now be handled from PWA
Considering PPM software for your organization?
We’re happy to provide a demonstration of Project Server and discuss what it takes to get up and running.